Kolej Profesional MARA (KPM) was established in 1977 and its current administrative centre is Bahagian Pendidikan Tinggi MARA (BPT).
It is a fully government-assisted college that was established to increase the number of Bumiputera workers in the public and private sectors, particularly in the field of business, accounting and information technology. It is also aimed at enhancing academic excellence among Bumiputera students who have attained moderate results in their SPM.
The five colleges throughout Malaysia are:
• KPM Beranang (KPMB) in Beranang, Selangor
• KPM Melaka (KPMM) in Malacca city, Malacca
• KPM Indera Mahkota (KPMIM) in Kuantan, Pahang
• KPM Seri Iskandar (KPMSI) in Bota, Perak
• KPM Bandar Penawar (KPMBP) in Bandar Penawar, Johor
• KPM only conducts full-time courses and its medium of instruction is English.
The courses offered are:
• Higher National Diploma in Computing (Business Information Technology) (HND BIT)
• Higher National Diploma in Business & Computing (HND BCo)
• Higher National Diploma in Businesss & Marketing (HND BMk)
• Higher National Diploma in Business & e-Commerce (HND BeC)
• Diploma in Accountancy (DIA)
• Diploma in Business Studies (DBS)
• Diploma in Agro-Business (DAB)
• Diploma in Entrepreneurship (DEn)
• Diploma In English Communication (DEC)
• Diploma in Business and Computer Networking (DBN)
• Diploma in Integrated Logistics Management (DLM)
• Program Intensif Persediaan (PIP)